Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I wanna go home!! Click.. I wanna go home!! Click.. damn the Ruby Slippers!!

I realized early this morning that I have now lived in SC for 11 years, The LONGEST I have lived in any one place since my childhood. I was told I was born a gypsy, My grandfather use to tell me that, He use to say that I would see the world with my eyes. That my feet were not made for one place, Always living and always in motion. I believed him until now.

I left home at 17, independant, working and my own apartment. I would go where ever I wanted when I wanted. My poor Mom had a hard time with me always calling up with a quickly, sometimes rather POOR planning of my latest trip. Once a call to her on a monday afternoon to say " Mom, I have decided I want to go to NY" She answered with her normal, That's good baby, when are you thinking about doing this? Me: "Now!" I am leaving this afternoon and I will be back in a week.. I love you!" Click..

Every summer from the age of about 18 til I had a child, I road the truck with my Dad when I had a vacation due, He would drop me off in the city of my choice on his route and pick me up 3 or 4 days later. I would play tourist, I would wander the cities and see what I could. I loved it, I lived for it. I would save all year for my drop off vacations. All down the south east and west coast. I LIVED to see different places.

As an adult I have planned and met pen pals I have written to for years and I have taken trips to meet people that I have befriended online. I have seen more states due to just meeting friends. I love the way my life has always seemed to be in motion.

Something has changed, and I don't like it, I don even get it. I want that part of my life back, I often feel like it has been stolen from me, OR maybe I should be greatful that maybe I am finally SETTLED.. Ughh what a horrid word, isn't that a nice way just to say your wings have finally been clipped?

11 years, the longest I have ever been in one place since my childhood. I hate it!!!
Maybe I lost it when I moved here. I wanna go home!!!

No comments:

Followers